DESCRIPTION SUMMARY OF PODCAST
In this episode, we talk with Denise Gibbons, Chartered Accountant and Certified Financial Planner, about Life as a Practitioner and Beyond.
Amongst a diverse range of interesting topics, we discuss having a personal advisory board, challenges for mothers who also have careers, family-friendly businesses, Toastmasters and respecting one’s brain.
Denise also shares some practical tips for women forging careers, dealing with Imposter Syndrome and how to handle committees where female opinions have traditionally been overlooked.
We talk about the book Denise has written – her objective in writing it, the process she went through and the messages she has incorporated within. We also touch upon the Women’s Empowerment and Leadership Program that Denise has developed and is now running.
In the Coach’s Corner segment, you’ll hear Scott speaking about two elements he considers essential for the website of professional practices – “About You” and “Client Case Studies”. It’s Scott’s view that these elements will help to distinguish your website from your competitors.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Denise’s book is entitled Women as Leaders. The world needs you. It is available for purchase from her website: http://denise-gibbons.com/books/
- You can get onto Denise’s mailing list, check out her weekly blog and download a free chapter of her book from her website.
- Details of Denise’s programs can be found at: http://denise-gibbons.com/programs/
- If you’d like to know more about Transition Planning Australia, either as an adviser or as a client, details can be found at: http://transitionplan.com.au/
- The other book Denise referred to is Your Brain at Work by David Rock. The book, a summary of it and an audio recording can be readily found with a Google search.
Denise’s contact details are
Scott’s contact details are:
Thanks for tuning in!
Thanks for joining us on this month’s episode of In the Slipstream FM podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode.
While you’re there, feel free to leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more listeners!